It is very common for most users to encounter login password problems on some platforms, due to lack of regular use or similar situations.
If you have this problem, please note that you can change it. If you want to protect your password, we will explain in this article how to change skype password both from the app on your mobile and from its web version, you just have to follow a few simple steps.
Change password from mobile
If you want to change your Skype account password from your mobile, what you should do is the following:
- Log in and then click on your profile picture which appears at the top.
- Now look for the option Setting below and press there.
- Now click on account and profile that appears first in the options list.
- In the Manage section, you will see the option for Your account click there.
- Now click on the section Change your password.
- In the next step you will be asked to confirm your identity, click on the option of your email or phone number.
- Now you have to enter your email or the last 4 digits of your phone number to send you the code, after entering the correct digits, click on Send the code.
- Now you have to write the code they sent you in the required field, once done, click on Check.
- Indicate if you want to keep the session started or not, select the one you want.
- In the next step you have to write the current password of your account, and the new access code you want to establish in the required fields. You also have the option to check the box to be notified by Skype when you want to change your password again every 72 days. Then press Save to finish the process.
If what you want is to change the Skype account password from the mobile browser, then what you should do is the following:
- Click here to sign in to Skype and, if necessary, enter your account information to log in.
- Now go to the top of the left side and click on Skype.
- You will see that a menu will appear, now you need to click on my account.
- Look for the option Change your password and click there.
- Now for security you will be asked to enter your password to log in to Skype. Write it in the required field and then press the button Access.
- To verify your identity, you will need to select your email or phone number option, then click Following.
- The next step is to enter your email or the last 4 digits of your phone number to send the code and make sure it’s you. After completing the request, click Send the code.
- You will receive an SMS or an email with the code, you will have to write it in the required field, then click on Check.
- In the new window a form will appear, where you have to write your current password, then set the new password, and then repeat it. Once this is done, click Save. You can check the box where Skype can notify you every 72 days of a password change.
Once the process is complete, your password will be completely renewed to sign in to Skype.